Friday, October 26, 2012

How time flies....

I can't believe it has been almost 4 months since I have posted on this blog.  My life has been a whirlwind as most you have seen on facebook.  I am keeping this blog to help update my friends and family back home but also for me to remind myself of my journey over the last year and what a journey it has been. 

Let's pick up from my last post when I was at Officer Training.  I wrote that blog when I was about a week in and all I can say is that the remaining four weeks were just as difficult.  It was one of the hardest experiences of my life and now looking back I honestly can't believe I did it.  I struggled with health issues, feet issues, lack of sleep and my body just not responding well to the food, heat and all the physical and emotional demands.  Needless to say I was happy when graduation came.  I graduated on August 3, 2012.  My parents and one of my BFF's came down for graduation.  Here are some pictures of my 5 week journey...lot more on facebook.

 
A day in the "field"


My roomie and me...she was the BEST!
 

 
My flight commander and I...two Italians...could get any better LOL
 

 
Conquering my fear of heights. No one got a picture of me crying before thank goodness!


 
 

 


Graduation Day with Potter...I really hate my "blues" uniform!
 


Tamiesha and me at COT.  She is truly my "person" at Travis...this girl is amazing!
 
 
 My parents and me at graduation

 
 
 
I had to add this video...I was chosen to be the girl out of my flight to compete against staff for pushups....mind you I had shoulder surgery in January.  I did 60!!!!!!! 
 
 
 
After graduation Potter and I began our 6 day road trip cross country.  This was something that was on my bucket list and it was the perfect graduation present.  We left on Friday August 3rd and drove 12 hours straight to San Antonio where we spent 2 days.  I was tired and wore out after training and it took me a bit to adjust to not having a schedule and not being yelled at :)  It was nice to relax and just enjoy time with one of my girls.  We left San Antonio on Sunday August 5th and drove to Sante Fe New Mexico for the night.  On Monday August 6th we drove 12 hours from Sante Fe New Mexico to the Grand Canyon then onto LA where we spent the night with my aunt.  Tuesday morning we woke up spent some time with my Aunt then headed up the coast to San Francisco where we spent the night and the following day.  Wednesday after touring the city we jumped on I-80 and headed up to Travis Air Force Base.  I love living 45 minutes from the city!!!  Here are some pics from the road trip:

Leaving San Antonio!

 
 
Arizona

 
 
Grand Canyon

 
 
Taking it all in! 
 
 

                                  
    Los Angeles....Rancho Palos Verdes hill

            

                 Driving the coast

 
 



SAN FRAN!
 

 
 
 
Trolley fun!
 

 
 
Crossed this off my bucket list :)

 
 
 
 
We had such a great time and made some awesome memories.  I am forever grateful to Potter for planning the entire trip for us.  She did an excellent job.  You have no idea how much all of this meant to me girl....love you!  Thank you to all of those of you who prayed for me during my training and my trip.  The support and encouragement was so appreciated! 
 
This truely was 6 weeks of my life that I will never ever forget.  I learned so much about myself and what I could endure and how strong I really was physically and mentally.  Next stop on the trip was my final destination....TRAVIS AIR FORCE BASE!  
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment