Tuesday, March 20, 2012


HOUSE HUNTING!

So today started the housing hunting task for California.  Travis Air Force Base is located in Fairfield California.  Basically it is between San Fransisco and Sacramento.  I have narrowed down the cities I would like to live in which include Fairfield/Vacaville, Davis which is close to Sacramento and it's a college town (yippee LOL) and Vallejo which is close to San Fransisco. I have just been looking online for places I would like to check out when I arrive and have been getting some great advise from friends who live or have lived in that area.   


I am a bit stressed about the entire move and showing up in California after training without a place to live.  The movers will come and pick up my belonging on June 29th.  Everything I own will go to California and stay in storage.  I will drive to Alabama on June 30th for COT (Commissioned Officer Training) until August 3rd.  After graduation on August 3rd I will drive cross country from Alabama to Travis Air Force Base.  I should have a few days left when I get there to house hunt before I have to report for my first day. I will pack some belongings and live out of a bag and on base until I find a place. Please pray that I find a place quickly!
 
 
I have a bucket list (if you don't have one....make one!) and driving cross country is one of the many things my list. I am so excited to be able to experience this with one of my best friends. The adventure, the sight seeing and the laughs will be something I will treasure forever.  It will be a great way to drive into my new life...with one of my BFF's along side of me!  I am truly blessed.  Thanks Potter for taking the time off of work to travel with me.  I am forever grateful!


A few nights ago I was laying in bed and started crying about leaving all my friends and my family (especially my niece and nephews).  It is all happening so fast and before you know it June will be here and it will be time for me to leave.  I worry about my relationships with my family and friends taking a back seat to the Air Force.  I worry about missing them so much and me thinking I made the wrong decision.  I know it will be hard but I hope that the reasons why I chose to travel this road will overtake my homesickness. I am excited for this journey just not looking for the feelings of missing home.  I am excited to meet new people, to live in California and to help all those who have served our country! 


“Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk." ~ The Dalai Lama
This quote is so fitting for me right now.  Thanks Jen for posting it and letting me steal it! 


Thank you for your continued prayers and support!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment